Some things I use as rules for success in the new year and many more years: 22 rules for 2022.
(These rules - at times took me a while to understand and sometimes hard lessons - hopefully you can make good use of it)
1) Do your due diligence on people, things, and programs - BEFORE you buy - not after.
2) Ask questions - but don't ask the same question over and over - because you don't like the answer.
3) Respect peoples time - IE: Don't ask for phone calls because you refuse to do your due - dilligence - getting clarity - and wanting hand holding is 2 very different things.
Most of the times - if you dig hard enough you can find clarity. If not ask.
4) Get back to people timely - we all get wrapped up in work - and life - but you aren't that busy - and if you are - it's not busy it's poor time management
5) Do what you say are going to do - when you say it. or don't say it.
6) Give people the benefit of the doubt - we all going through struggles - give them the benefit of the doubt you may need it
7) Set boundaries and do not break them for anyone - not even yourself. - This is a hard one. We all want to help people. But some people are takers - and some people are givers. Try to be a giver. If someone isn't respecting your time, or your knowledge move on there are plenty of people who will
Focus on what you do best, do less things, do those things better. Don't chase money. Chase impact.
9) Give more than they paid for. Every time. Go above and beyond - every time.
10) Treat people the same, no matter who they are and what they can do for you.
Treat the baller, the same way as the homeless. Matter of fact the way you treat people who can't do anything for you - says a lot about you.
11) Always do the right thing - especially when no ones looking.
12) No one has the real answer for you - no program - no course - no coach - no one - they can all help you give you parts of the puzzle it's up to you to do the work, and figure out what works for you. As it won't be the same as what works for others. Or your coach or anyone involved.
13) You aren't working 14 hours you are distracted 12 hours out of it. Shut off phones, delete apps. The real world is waiting out of your door.
14) Happiness in life and in business is acceptance. The last 2 years we watched tons of people - complain about the situation - to no avail, all of that complaining is wasted energy. Suffering in life comes from not accepting what is and wanting it to be different. Accept what is. You can let it break you down - or let it build you up. (That's a Cobra Kai reference :))
15) Be a good person. Try to be better than last month, last week and last year.
16) If you aren't growing you are shrinking
17) Learn new things, an idle mind is the devils playground. Keep going - keep trying new things.
18) If you aren't failing - you aren't trying hard enough.
19) Be good to people. Not everyones going to love you - if you don't have haters - you aren't doing it right.
20) Life comes full circle very often
21) The answer is often right under your nose and much simpler than you'd believe it to be
22) Complexity is where great ideas go to die. Simplicity is where ideas shine.
As a martial arts business owner, you may be wondering how you can take your business to the next level. You may have tried traditional marketing methods, but you're not seeing the results you want. If this sounds familiar, then it's time to try video marketing.