Here is a fast and quick - Strategy for Martial Arts Marketing your business to use in 2024. It's quick and fast. But it is tried and true.
1) Focus on conversion and connection - don't just focus on getting the sale - focus on each person as a person - every new member you get - make them feel proud.
2) Use short-form video content to create organic video marketing - it gets out in front of NEW people.
3) Use your blog - on your website to boost your SEO - do NOT use AI - don't use AI to create your articles, and if any of the website companies you use - push you to use their new AI feature -they don't understand SEO ranking - don't do it.
Write one weekly article about a PROBLEM and pain your customer goes through. Use your location - and martial arts or your program type in these keywords. Use Google Keyword Planner to see what searches are taking place in your area.
4) Use a website to grow SEO ranking, use landing pages to sell programs
5) Use Paid ads that YOU create yourself - Facebook, especially, is all automated.
If I said it a thousand times - your ad guy isn't doing anything special, and they are using 10 of the same ads across 20 of the same businesses to save THEM money - and that hurts you. Grab my fire your ad guy program and learn how to do this yourself - start getting used to creating self-crafted content - that speaks what unique brand and message you have.
6) Spend time making your location look as good as possible. Some new paint, buy new mats, and clean the front desk; your appearance matters; you can't take people past where they are willing to go.
You can't ask for higher prices if you aren't ready to spend them yourself - show the world you mean business and take your business seriously - especially if you want others to take you seriously.
7) This holiday season - is a great way to give hope and give back to people - use gift certificates (cheap and affordable) to sell your enrollments or gear at a discounted rate for customers and families wanting to give the gift of martial arts.
8) Work on writing - as a business owner, you are a marketer whether you want to be or not.
If you don't want to be - and you have the money - and you have the understanding of your audience - then pay someone well to do it for you. But if you don't - you are a marketer, and if you don't like it - you picked the wrong career - being a coach and a martial artist is very different than being a business owner.
The person who can articulate the problem to the customer the best - better than the actual customer can - wins—every time.
You are in a race to communicate the problem so they relate to you - why you are doing this - how YOU relate to it - and how you fix it.
That short sentence is the KEY to all marketing - but knowing how to write good emails, good letters, good scripts and good blogs is the key to your long-standing in the market.
Too many people want to skirt this - you can not. It is your lifeblood.
Once you get what your audience resonates with - then - you can hire - and only then - because you know what a good job looks like.
There are too many people in this cliquey industry trying to be gurus without any real success outside of their areas. They dangle the fruits in front of you as shiny new objects.
Don't be part of the problem anymore - be part of the solution - stop giving these people your hard-earned money. Make them rich while you still have 80 students.
Let me show you a better way. A way that feels more fun - that has more connection, that helps impact more people.
None of it lies in hiring overpriced web services or agencies - to do - what you should be doing as an owner.
Leaders - have to lead and take full ownership to be the best leader you can be. It starts now. Let's go!
10 things you should be doing in 2024 to build your business and grow your Martial Art School. This list is a solid list of where marketing is moving towards in 2024. Things are getting more crowded - so you need more tools in your arsenal to get out above the white noise of mediocrity.
Martial arts marketing is more than just promoting your business. It's about building real connections with your audience and creating lasting relationships.
With the accessibility of the internet at an all-time high, the digital era ...
In this post, I will go over where I think trends are going for Martial Arts Marketing - and Gym Marketing for the remainder of 2023 and into 2024.
Seasons come in, and seasons go out. And if the last few years taught us anything - everything can - and probably will change.