Here is a Life / Business - Checklist I love to use in my own life. It's been compiled from working and meeting some really impressive people. Maybe it can work for you.
1) There will never be a perfect time - now is the best
2) There will never be perfect - done is better than perfect
3) Don't fool yourself into thinking you will be celebrated at anything at the start - you won't you will likely suck, but if you keep at it, you will hit your stride.
4) Success is made up of many many small and colossal failures. Each failure uncovers another piece of the puzzle of what not to do.
You actually need those to reveal the stuff that does work.
Unless you are the luckiest SOB in the world and your first turn over is a success, then you should also play lotto that day.
5) Nothing is ever as easy as you plan, it takes double the time, and probably double the money.
6) Roll with it, if you get knocked down - that's OK - as long as you get back up. Never stop fighting.
7) Success isn't about talking, meetings, decisions, and long conversations... It's not about committees or diatribes, It's often a simple plan so stick to it - stick to the idea.
See the plan through to the end. If you get bogged down along the way. Adjust and keep going. Much can be said for being OmniFocus.
It's not anything but planning and then massive consistent and concerted action - if you win great - if you fail you adjust and go again.
You don't get frustrated or bummed out (ok you do - you are allowed 30 seconds to rant - then it's back to the line of scrimmage to run another play - move the chains down the field.)
8) Winning is reserved for those willing to the things which most people won't. (Which includes, work, sacrifice, perseverance through pain, tunnel vision, optimism in the dark.)
9) No one is coming to save you. You sink or swim it's on you. You will have a lot of guides along the way - but only you can do the swimming.
10) You are your best friend and worst enemy. Try to spend more time listening to your friend and not your enemy.
11) Be kind to yourself - expect more, but go easy. Rest is as important as racing.